Our Q-Boat depth charge firing exercises against submarine targets will continue during the week to finally complete the training program. Then, I understand the selection Board headed by C,OSP Capt. Andrada will announce the permanently designated officers and crew of Q-111 Luzon; Q-112 Abra; and Q-113 Agusan. There are only six slots for Os to come from fifteen prospective candidate that are undergoing this rigid training. I am keeping my fingers crossed. For EMs, there will be only 17 coveted slots.
Aside from the FA, CAC, and PAAC Training Schools activated two days ago, the following Training Schools are activated today to train the hundreds Os being mobilized:
- Medical School at Ft. McKinley under Maj. Joseph U. Weaver MC USA
- Medical School at Camp Murphy under Maj. Jack W. Schwartz MC USA
- QM & Motor Trpt. School at Port Area, Manila under Maj. Michael Quinn QMS
- US Signal School at Ft. McKinley under Capt. Lassiter Mason SigC USA
- Engineers School at Ft. McKinley under Lt. Antonio C. Chanco CE PA USAFFE
- Infantry Schools at every Mobilization Centers in all Military Districts.
Manila News today say Nazi forces overran Smolensk after three weeks fighting Stalin’s Army and is now about 200 miles from Moscow. Meanwhile, British and Russian forces invaded Iran announcing their intention is only to get rid of German Agents and Technicians residing in Iran. They said their forces will withdraw as soon as the threat of German invasion or 5th Column Operation is nullified.